Thursday, July 12, 2012

Weeks 34 and 36

We have been super busy over the past few weeks.  We have had a shower with friends, a shower with work, attended our baby class where we learned about labor and delivery (Eeek!!!)  and have been working on the final touches for the nursery.  I have been feeling pretty well, but am starting to swell quite a bit and am finding it harder to fall asleep at night.  Once I do fall asleep though, I sleep pretty hard.  Braxton hicks contractions have started to come more frequently and I am getting nervous and anxious.  Here are a couple of pictures of the growing belly.

34 Weeks
 36 Weeks

I am definitely feeling the extra weight and it is harder to get in and out of bed and up from the floor.  Up until 36 weeks, I was allowed to float in the pool and it was wonderful to feel so light.  It was hard though as I struggled to climb out of the pool and all the weight was back :)  As women, we all have a hard time gaining the weight, although knowing a sweet little baby is the reward at the end of the road makes it all worth it.  During this struggle with the extra weight, Otto and I have made a few jokes.  A couple of weeks ago I sent him a text asking if he thought I would get my six pack back after Kyler is born.  After waiting a good 10 minutes, I finally got a response... "Of course you will, as soon as he is born!"  Now in reality, I have never had anything close to a six pack, so I called him and said "You know I've never had a six pack right?"  His response, "Yes, I know, but I was unsure of how emotional you were today." :)  HAHA - he always knows the right thing to say!

So here we are with less than a month to go and we eagerly await Kyler's arrival...

No comments:

Post a Comment